Annharriet Buck conducts mindfulness workshops, motivational lectures, and personal coaching throughout the United States and abroad.
For 10 years during 1970s and ‘80s Annharriet served as the director of the world famous Golden Door residential health spa. Her background in psychology, extensive stress management training, and her empathetic manner have helped her provide practical solutions to hundreds of Golden Door guests. A virtual who’s who from business, entertainment and politics continue to seek her advice while visiting the spa.
In 1987 she passed the director’s baton to another so that she could concentrate on creating the Inner Door at the Golden Door. Now widely recognized as the first mind spa, the Inner Door was also one of the first programs of its kind to integrate body, mind, and spirit fitness into a holistic program.
Almost 30 years later, Annharriet continues her affiliation with the Golden Door as a consultant, providing weekly lectures and one-on-one meetings with guests. She continues to break new ground in the mind/body arena, tirelessly pursuing the latest information from the world’s top professionals, and then sharing it with Golden Door guests during the twice-yearly Inner Wisdom special weeks. More than ever before, the exclusive Golden Door cliental seek her advice and sing her praises.
Some of Annharriet’s other clients: US Olympic Ski Team, M. D. Anderson School of Medicine, Atlantic Richfield Company (ARCO), Broadcom Corp., National Counsel for Families in Television, Young Presidents’ Organization, and the International Spa and Fitness Association.
Annharriet is sought out by the national press for her expertise in stress management, creative problem solving, mindfulness, and happiness skills—she has appeared on Oprah Winfrey Show and been quoted in Time Magazine, American Health, Elle, Family Circle, Harper’s Bazaar, Longevity, National Geographic, Vogue, Town & Country, and other national publications.
Time Magazine called her Inner Door course “a mind massage.” Town & Country said she is, “Hypnotic…intoxicating…you must meet Annharriet Buck.”
Departures Magazine, The Golden Door’s Spa Guru:
When the Golden Door’s Annharriet Buck invented the resort’s mind-body program nearly 30 years ago, guests found it inspiring. Today they find it invaluable. (continue reading Departures article).
Annharriet and her husband of 30-years reside in Southern California with two Border Collies, a Standard Poodle, and Dimples the cat.
- University of Utah
- Advanced Stress Management at the University of CA, Irvine
- Jungian Psychological Types training at the C.G. Jung Institute, San Francisco
- Advanced Mind/Body Integration at the Menninger Foundation
- Meditation and Mindfulness techniques with famed Buddhist author and Nobel Prize nominee, Thich Nhat Hanh
- The Science of Happiness and the Brain with Tibetan monk Yongey Mingyur Rinpoche and Neuroscientist Dr. Richard Davidson
- The Science of Exercise and the Brain with Harvard neuroscientist and author, John Ratey, MD Harvard Medical School
- Archetypes to Enrich Women’s Lives with Jean Shinoda-Bolen, MD.
- Mindfulness and Heartfulness with Mark Abramson, head of the Mindfulness- Based Stress Reduction Program, Stanford Medical School
- Finding Balance in a Digital Age with author Soren Gordhamer, founder of Wisdom 2.0 Summit
- The Practice of Positive Psychotherapy with faculty at Harvard Medical School
Annharriet is a certified happiness coach by famed British author and director of The Happiness Project, Robert Holden, Ph.D.